University of Alberta is inviting online admissions applications for all degree program under University of Alberta Scholarships for the class of 2023. The University of Alberta is ranked among top 5 universities of Canada and top 150 in the world.
Admissions Acceptance Rate of University of Alberta in 2022: 58.4%
University of Alberta is a competitive university but an acceptance rate of 58% makes a better chance for the students to get admission. It provides a wide range of Scholarships and awards for brilliant students of national and International region. Currently it has up to 70,000 International students from 148 countries. It offers fully funded scholarships for students of all nationalities.
Application Fees of University of Alberta: US$125
Funding Coverage of University of Alberta Scholarships:
The University of Alberta Scholarship winners will enjoy any or all of the below-listed benefits as available in financial coverage plan of Canadian Scholarships:
- Fixed Monthly Living Allowance [Stipend Money]
- Tuition fees exemption [Partial/full]
- Residential facility at University or outside
- Admission fees exemption
- VISA fees exemption
- International students will be covered with health and travel insurance plan
- Funding allocation for conducting experimental work, and conference participation
Medium of Instruction in University of Alberta
English is the primary language of instruction and communication at University of Alberta. International students must be able to present English Language Proficiency while applying.
The applicant does not require English Proficiency If:
- The applicant is in possession of a degree from an institute recognized by University of Alberta whose medium of instruction is English. List of countries is provided at official website. Please check here.
- If the applicant is not from Alberta Recognized Universities than he/she must pass English Proficiency tests provided at official website. Please follow this link.
- NOTE: English Proficiency tests are currently skipped due to current global travel restrictions.
Do we need IELTS for University of Alberta Scholarships: No
The University of Alberta also does not require English language certificates such as IELTS for certain scholarship applications. Interested students can apply for Bachelor, Masters, PhD and Diploma Certificate Programs in University of Alberta today!
Courses Offered on University of Alberta Scholarships
University of Alberta offers more than 200 Bachelor Degree Programs, more than 500 Graduate Degree Programs, 250 Specializations and 300 research studies. Students can apply in the following fields of study.
- Agricultural Life and Environmental Sciences
- Business Studies
- Fine Arts and Humanities
- Management Studies
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Native Studies
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public health
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Steps to Apply for the Alberta Scholarships:
- All students who get admission in any program offered at the university are automatically considered for scholarships. Scholarships are given to students on their outstanding performance in academics.
- The application process is completely online.
- Fill out the application form on the provided official website of the university.
- Make sure to upload all the required documents on the official website.
Admissions Eligibility Criteria of University of Alberta
International students, Canadian students and Canadian Citizens are eligible to apply for University of Alberta Scholarships as per following general eligibility standards:
- To apply for a Bachelor degree
Students are required to provide their high school transcripts
- To apply For Master Program:
The applicant must provide a four year bachelor degree or equivalent academic qualification. The applicant must have minimum grade point average of ¾ in latest full time two year academics
- To apply for PhD program
The student must provide Master degree or equivalent academic qualification. The applicant must have minimum grade point average of ¾ in latest full time two year academics
- English proficiency test is generally required for some countries whose list is being provided at official website but currently this test is exempted due to Covid-19 concerns.
- Some departments have additional requirements such as Work Experience and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) tests or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Students must contact the department directly to fulfill specific departmental requirements.
- Late submission of application is not accepted. Students must carry out the required criteria before time.
List of University of Alberta Scholarships in 2023
Following is the complete list of Scholarships offered by the University of Alberta to international students and Canadian Students in 2023:
#1 Entrance scholarships:
Entrance scholarships are automatically considered for Undergraduate and Graduate studies after getting admission at the university. The students are not required to apply for it separately.
#2 International Student Scholarships:
After getting admission to any undergraduate degree program, international students are required to have a student visa permit to avail this scholarship. An amount worth $9000 is given to the student over 4 year period of time.
#3 University of Alberta Gold Standard Scholarships:
Gold Standard Scholarship is given to top 5% deserving students on their brilliant performance in academics. This scholarship is up to $6000.
#4 Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarships:
University of Alberta offers a scholarship ranging from $11,000 to $15,000 to students of Masters and Doctoral degree.
#5 University of Alberta Master`s Entrance Scholarships:
Students enrolled in Master Program are given an amount worth $17,000 and international students avail an additional amount of $10,000 (to cover study expenses).
#6 Doctoral Program Scholarships:
University of Alberta offers $5000 per year for students enrolled in PhD programs.
#7 University of Alberta Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships:
University of Alberta also offers following list of Best and Brightest scholarships for needy students on their outclass performance in academics.
#8 President`s First and Best Scholarships:
A scholarship worth $40,000 provided as $10,000 per year over a four year period.
#9 Chancellor`s Scholarships:
An award of $30,000 distributed as $7,500 annually over a four year period of time.
#10 Edward Undergraduate Scholarships:
$24,000 are given to undergraduate student as $6,000 per year.
#11 International Leader Scholarships:
Students with superior academics may receive up to $7,500.
#12 University of Saskatchewan Entrance Scholarships:
Entrance Scholarship valued $24,000 is awarded as $6,000 per year.
#13 Renewable Entrance Scholarships at College of Agriculture and Bio resources:
This renewable scholarship worth $12,000 is awarded over a four year period as $3,000 per year.
University of Alberta Application Deadline in 2023:
The students are suggested to submit their admissions and Scholarships applications at University of Alberta as soon as possible. The last date to submit an application at University of Alberta for May 2023 semester is January 1, 2023.
Whereas, the deadline of application submission for scholarship and admissions for July 2023 academic session at University of Alberta in May 1, 2023.