Japanese MEXT Scholarships 2023-2024 is a grant that provides complete financial support to overseas students studying in Japan. Students from other countries who wish to attend schools of higher learning in Japan may be eligible for financial assistance through the MEXT Scholarship offered by the Japanese government. The Ministry of Education, Sports, Culture, Technology, and Science is the organization that administers the MEXT Scholarship program.
The MEXT Scholarships 2024 are available for students who are pursuing an undergrad degree, a master’s degree, or a doctorate degree. Students have the option to submit their applications to a variety of subjects; however, research students are only allowed to submit their applications to fields traditionally associated with medicine, welfare science, entertainment arts, or dentistry.
A potential applicant for the MEXT Scholarship for 2024 should first visit the official website in order to search for qualifying courses before submitting an application. All applicants must come from nations that maintain diplomatic ties with Japan and submit their applications via the Japanese govt. embassies or consulates in their respective countries. Every single student will contribute to fostering positive relations with Japan and their own nation.
Advantages of Winning a MEXT Scholarship in Japan 2024
MEXT scholarships 2024 is a government-sponsored education program in Japan that covers all expenses. It is among the fellowships that offer the highest possible payouts in the entire world.
- The MEXT will cover the costs associated with taking the admission test, matriculating, and paying tuition at institutions.
- MEXT will provide the trip timetable and path, as well as offer a flight ticket, for awardees arriving in Japan during the allotted time frame.
- Per month, the allowance is 117 000 yen. A premium of 2,000 or 3,000 yen each month will be applied to the monthly fellowship payment for awardees studying or doing research in particularly specified places. Because of the state of the Japanese Government’s budget, the payout volume may fluctuate each financial year. If a recipient is missing from the institution or preparatory education institutions for a lengthy period, the fellowship will be stopped for the duration of the absence.
- The allowance for transportation inside Japan will be paid for.
IELTS Requirment for Japanese MEXT Scholarships:
There is no requirement for either the IELTS or the TOEFL in order to be eligible for the MEXT Scholarship 2024. In addition, the tuition charge, flight allowance, test fee, stipend, and travel expense in Japan would all be paid by this foreign fellowship. Students majoring in research will have the option to carry out their studies in international laboratories while being supervised by faculty members from the universities to which they are attached.
Programs Under MEXT:
- Programs in Colleges of Technology
- Programs of Specialized Training
- Programs for Undergraduate Studies
- Master’s Degree Studies
- Programs Leading to the Doctorate degree (Ph.D.)
MEXT Scholarship Duration
- Undergrad Studies: Four to Five Years
- Master’s Degree: Two to Three Years
- Doctoral Studies: Three to Four Years
Criteria for Eligibility to Receive a MEXT Scholarship in Japan 2023:
- The applicant must come from a nation that is capable of maintaining diplomatic ties with Japan.
- An applicant needs to be in good physical form.
- To be eligible, a person’s birthday must fall after or on Apr 2, 1998.
- An applicant is required to have passed 12 years of school in order to enroll in an undergraduate or bachelor’s program.
- To be eligible for admission to a master’s degree program, a candidate must already possess a bachelor’s degree.
- When enrolling in the doctorate degree course, a candidate is required to have already earned their master’s degree.
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to study Japanese. Candidates must be willing to get involved in Japan and prepared to expand their knowledge of the country both prior to and after their arrival. Additionally, candidates must be eager to pursue academic studies in Japanese.
Note: Contact the Japanese Embassy in your nation to get information on the eligibility requirements and the educational prerequisites.
You are required to have all of the necessary documentation. If you do not follow these instructions, your request will be denied.
- Application Form: Please choose the Request Form for the Fiscal Year 2023.
- Transcript(s) of academics covering all school years and institutions of higher education attended.
- A document (or documents) of graduation from the school(s) and/or university(s) attended.
- Recommendation document from the dean or a professor from the most recent educational institution that the applicant has attended.
- Certificate of medical eligibility: Please choose the form of a certificate for the Fiscal Year 2023.
- Enrollment certificates are required, but only for students who are actively enrolled in a university.
- University entrance examination qualifying certificate: required only for individuals who satisfy the university entrance qualifying exam.
- Language Competency certificate: Only if the applicant already possesses documentation attesting to their ability in English or Japanese; send 2 copies of documents. No actual certificate is required.
- The Area of Focus and the Overall Research Strategy.
- A “Student” visa, obtained fresh from the Japanese diplomatic office in the candidate’s place of nationality, is required for entry into Japan with the “Student” resident status.
- Theses abstracts.
Note: You are required to read the Registration Guides Document, which can be found on the official web page of the Japanese Embassy in your nation, in order to understand the necessary documents.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for a MEXT Scholarship 2023, please submit your application in accordance with the following instructions:
- You may locate the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country or their web.
- Please check out the webpage of the Japanese Embassy in your nation. You may get more information about the MEXT scholarship by clicking on the Education / Scholarship tab.
- You may fill out the MEXT scholarship application by downloading it and then filling it out.
- Send the papers on the necessary list (which may be seen below) to the Japanese Embassy in your nation’s web link.
- The Japanese Embassy is going to have a written examination for you to complete. You may view an example written test on your nation’s web page, along with the solutions.
- Following that, interviews with the potential applicants will be carried out.
- Applicants who are selected for further consideration will be notified through email or posted on the embassy web.
Deadline for MEXT Scholarship:
The submission date for applications is on June 16th, 2023.
Deadline for Japanese Studies Scholarship
The submission of application materials must be completed by the due date of February 7, 2023.