The fully-funded Canadian Scholarships 2023 Without IELTS announced for the class of 2023-2024. All subjects and degree programmes such as undergraduate and postgraduate are offered for admissions on Canada Scholarships. The Scholarships offered in Canada without IELTS cover all disciplines, and degree levels for all international students.
Canadian higher education system is known to be the world’s third-best educational system, especially for international students. Canada is a safe country that provides a secure, accommodating, and welcoming environment for international students. The country provides a premium lifestyle standard with a sense of security to international students, which is why many students are attracted to Canada for higher education.
For International student admission in universities, it is a requirement for students from countries that do not have English as the first language to give IELTS or TOEFL exams.
Usually, most universities require a score of 5.5 and above for IELTS and TOEFL; an acceptable score is 90 to 100 marks on the iBT and 580 to 600 marks on the PBT.
Is There a Way to Skip IELTS or TOEFL to Study in Canada?
There are a few ways to get IELTS or TOEFL exemption for international students; who do not wish to give these exams. One of the alternates is the Intensive English Language Program IELP which is a course offered by the selected Canadian University. Most of the Canadian Universities also accept Duo-lingo (DET), PTE, or any other Cambridge University’s English language test records.
Some universities of Canada have now dismissed the requirement of IELTS and TOEFL to welcome more students from around the world to Canada.
Canadian government and universities have taken a highly respectable initiative to offer scholarships to international students to further ease their path to an exemplary higher education.
Canadian Government Scholarships Without IELTS in 2023
There following are some Canadian government-provided/sponsored scholarships provided to highly talented students. Canadian Universities in partnership with these scholarship programs do not require IELTS or TOEFL exams.
1# Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship:
Vanier Canada Graduate scholarship provides nearly 166 lucky and competitive applicants with scholarships to study at a graduate level in Canada. It is open to international, national, and residents of Canada.
The time duration of the scholarship is three years or above. If a student wishes to pursue a higher degree level, they can do so but will not be funded by the Vanier Graduate Scholarship.
Value of scholarship: $50,000 per year, awarded for three years.
Deadline: Early April 2022.
2# Banting Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programs:
BPDFP is a government scholarship program targeting highly deserving, hardworking, and intellectual postdoctoral applicants looking to pursue higher education in Canada. The scholarship is provided to 70 chosen applicants on specific terms and conditions. The government grants international applicants all accommodation permits.
The scholarship is provided for two years to the selected student. If the students continue further education, they will not be sponsored by the scholarship program.
Value of scholarship: $70,000 every year for two years. Traveling costs are not covered under the scholarship.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent when they apply for the scholarship. International or non-natives can only study in Canadian universities/institutes. Natives and Canadian nationality applicants may be able to practice in foreign universities as well. The application needs to be filled in English or French Language. It will otherwise not be considered. Applicants who are nominated by HOS are eligible only.
Applicants are advised to check the official website out to thoroughly understand the terms and conditions of the program.
Deadline: End of March.
List of Scholarships in Canada With IELTS Exemption in 2023
We have jotted down some of the top Canadian Scholarships with IELTS Exemption for international students:
York University is situated in Toronto with 55,700 students, making it Canada’s fourth-largest university. It ranks in the top three best universities of Canada and ranks at 21st position worldwide. Although it is a very good university, it is a very competitive university in terms of acceptance rate.
- Acceptance rate of York University: 27%
- Application fees of York University is $130
York University offers scholarship programs for international and national students. For International students specifically, the university offers nine scholarship programs:
- Lassonde Entrance Scholarships: Award of $2,000 and is nonrenewable.
- York University Entrance Scholarships: Award of $1,000 and is nonrenewable.
- Liberal arts and professional studies international scholarships: Award of $2,000 and is nonrenewable.
- Liberal arts and professional studies undergraduate leadership scholarships: Award of total $40,000, given over four years period. $10,000 is awarded every year.
- York’s science scholarship: Award of $10,000.
- Faculty of Science Entrance scholarships: Award of $2,000.
- Glendon International scholarships: The award may vary from $5,000 to $10,000.
2# Dalhousie University Scholarships
Dalhousie University DU is situated in Nova Scotia with five additional different branches. Its foundation was laid over 200 years ago and offers 190 diverse programs. Canada’s leading university is known for outstanding academic excellence and great faculty.
- Acceptance rate of Dalhousie University: 43%
- Application fees of Dalhousie University is $115
Scholarships and value.
Dalhousie University has a decent number of scholarship programs available to all students. The University provides over 2000 scholarships to hardworking students through various programs. These include.
- First Nations and Indigenous Black (FNIB) Scholarships.
- Current Undergraduates
- In-course scholarships
- General Entrance Award
Value of Scholarship.
Varies for each program. Applicants can expect the value to be $1,000 to $8,000. To see more, thoroughly check out the official website.
International Students can apply to the university without giving IELTS or TOEFL.
The University of British Columbia, or in short UBC, is divided into two branches in Canada. UBC is one of Canada’s top three most outstanding and well-known Universities. It ranks at position 13th globally. The research-intensive school is home to a significant number of international students.
- Acceptance rate of British Columbia University: 52%
- Application fees of British Columbia University is $130 and $190
UBC has several scholarship programs that benefit international and national students.
- International Tuition Award: Value: $3,200 and above.
- Outstanding International Student Award: Value: CAD 2,500 to CAD 10,00.
- Guaranteed Ph.D. Funding: Value: $22,000 (minimum).
- International Entrance Scholarship: Value: CAD 40,000 given over the span of 4 years.
Deadline: varies for all programs.
The University of Saskatchewan UoS is best known for its 2 Nobel Prize winners and other notable achievements of its talented students. The university is situated next to the beautiful Saskatchewan lake, which is the reason it is called the “birthplace of Medicare”. The university is a renowned institute, ranking at 458 globally (2022) and 18th nationally.
- Acceptance rate of University of Saskatchewan: 45%
- Application fees of University of Saskatchewan is $90
UoS spends over 2 Million USD on scholarships yearly to ensure a fair chance for underprivileged students. It has a very commendable system for providing scholarships. Some of the programs are written below.
- Guaranteed Entrance Scholarships: Value: $500 to $3,000 depending on academic performance.
- Competitive Entrance Awards: Value: $1,000 to $3,000
- Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships: Value: $12,000 to $40,000 in total, will be awarded in 4 years.
- International student awards: Value: $20,000
- International Baccalaureate awards: Value: $20,000
Deadline: 15 Dec 2022.
The University of Calgary is situated in Alberta, Canada, and is Canada’s 7th best university. It is a highly respected and very well-distinguished university, with more than 35,000 students enrolled in the 150 above programs offered by the university. The university is best known for its creativity and innovation.
- Acceptance rate of University of Calgary: Around 15%
- Application fees of University of Calgary is $125
The university has several scholarship programs for students. These include:
- International Entrance Scholarship: $15,000 renewable scholarship.
- Fully-funded International scholarships: $20,000 and $15,000 renewable scholarship.
International Students are considered for this scholarship automatically when they submit their application.
Western University ranks in the world’s top 300 best universities. It is Canada’s leading research university with an outstanding staff. It ranks at number 6th in Canada’s best universities. Western has an accommodating and easy acceptance rate to give more chances to students of all academic history.
- Acceptance rate of Western University: Aprox 58%
- Application fees of Western University is $125
Western University has scholarship programs to encourage high achieving students to show an even more outstanding result in the future. These scholarship programs also include international student entrance scholarships to give students a kick-start.
- Western Admission Scholarship: Value: $2,500
- Western scholarship for Excellence: Value: $3,500
- Western scholarship for Distinction: Value: $8,000 awarded to 250 students.
- National Indigenous Scholarship program: Value: $50,000
Scholarships are available for the students of all levels. It is best to check the official website out for full detail.
7# Acadia University Scholarships
Acadia University is the oldest and most respected liberal arts university founded in Canada in 1838. It ranks at 43 in Canada’s best universities.
- Acceptance rate of Acadia University: Approx 65%
- Application fees of Acadia University is $125
Scholarships and value.
The University of Acadia offers full-time scholarships to undergraduates for four years. Spice-Hennessey and Scholar-Bursaries offer Up to $40,000 to the selected students.
8# The University of Guelph Scholarships
The University of Guelph ranks at 4th position in Canada’s best universities. The university faculty is well-known overall, but the most popular is the arts and science programs. It is a highly respected university countrywide and has a great acceptance rate. You are more likely to get into U of G if you are an international student, and if you are aware of the opportunities, you might even secure a scholarship as well!
- Acceptance rate of University of Guelph: Aprox 66%
- Application fees of University of Guelph is $40
The university offers 702 scholarships of a total value of up to 2 million US dollars. There are numerous scholarship programs, including entrance scholarships, international student scholarships, excellent academic performance scholarships, etc.
Value of scholarships:
Value of scholarships in every program. You can expect the value to be $1,000 to $4,000. Some scholarships may also be renewable.
- University of Guelph President’s Scholarships
This scholarship is for international students only and values up to $42,000.
9# Humber College Scholarships
The renowned Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning or otherwise known as Humber College is located in Ontario. It is an advanced institute well known for its entrepreneurship innovation, creature business, and technology. With a strength of up to 80,000 students, Humber College is home to students from up to 153 countries.
- Acceptance rate of Humber College: Aprox 72.5%
- Application fees of Humber College is $75
Scholarships and value: $2000
Humber College offers numerous scholarships. One of these scholarships includes the international entrance scholarship, which is the best suitable for international students.
Other scholarships include bachelor’s scholarships and EAP awards. Check the official website out for more details.
10# Seneca University Scholarships
Seneca University is situated in Canada offers undergraduate, diploma, and graduate-level degrees. The university has multiple campuses in Canada, with more than 100,000 total students enrolled in the campuses. The university is best known for its post-secondary level programs’ excellence. The university ranks at 70th position nationally.
- Acceptance rate of Seneca University: Aprox 85%
- Application fees of Seneca University is $68
Scholarships programs and value.
The Seneca University is generous enough to offer several scholarships worth one million dollars in total. The university comprises of entrance and in-course scholarships.
- Seneca Entrance Scholarship Value: $1,500 to $3,000.
- Seneca Renewable Entrance Scholarship of Merit: variable.
- Renewable Degree Scholarships Value: $1,500- $3,000.
- Seneca College Board of Governors’ Entrance Scholarships Value: $1,000 to $2,000
Scholarships depend on the student’s past academic achievement. Grants will be available for need-based scholarship situations.
11# Okanagan University Scholarships
Okanagan University is a post-secondary university and is the second largest in the whole region of Kelowna. The university is well known for offering outstanding engineering programs and diplomas. The university is offering admissions to international students without the compulsion of IELTS or TOEFL exams.
- Acceptance rate of Okanagan University: Aprox 57%
- Application fees of Okanagan University is $30
Scholarships and Programs.
Okanagan University has several scholarship programs as it is a renowned university and cares deeply for its students’ financial status.
- Okanagan Entrance Scholarship Value: $1,500 to $2,000
- Okanagan Master’s Scholarship: Okanagan students are given scholarships in association with Irving K. Barber BC Aboriginal Student Awards. Value: $1,000 to $3,500